The global Urothelial Cancer Drugs Market size is expected to reach USD 3.6 billion by 2023, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 22.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Availability of novel drugs, presence of a strong pipeline, rising disease incidence, unhealthy lifestyle, and increasing awareness are driving this market.
Urothelial cancer is the ninth most common malignancy in the world, with approximately 2.5 million patients and 420,000 newly diagnosed cases each year. Approximately 59% of bladder cancer cases occur in developed regions such as North America and Europe. The disease has the highest lifetime cost of care per patient among all tumors in U.S. due to its high relapse rate and invasive lifelong monitoring including cystoscopy follow-ups.
Bladder transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) is the most common histology, accounting for nearly 90% of all urinary cancer cases. Urothelial cancer is clinically divided into three categories: non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC, early stage), muscle invasive disease (MIBC, mid stage), and metastatic disease (late stage). At diagnosis, approximately 70% of cases are non-muscle invasive disease, 20% are at the muscle invasive stage, and 10% are at the advanced stage.
Request a sample Copy of the Global Urothelial Cancer Drugs Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/urothelial-cancer-drugs-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The U.S. dominated the urothelial cancer market, with more than 60% of the market in 2017. Several factors such as presence of a large target population, increased adoption of novel therapeutics, and multiple product launches will drive the market in this region
- The therapeutic landscape is expected to witness a paradigm shift toward combination therapies and novel immuno-oncology products. Combination regimens, particularly checkpoint inhibitors, are likely to be introduced in the first-line setting. Immune checkpoint blockade therapy is expected to replace the current standard of care in bladder cancer in the foreseeable future
- Therapeutic development in second-line setting for chemotherapy-intolerant patients is expected to have a major impact in the urothelial cancer space
- Urothelial cancer presents a strong opportunity for introducing first-in-class treatments due to high unmet needs. Opportunities remain in the non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) setting where there exists an unmet need for treatment options for patients who are BCG-intolerant or ineligible
- Some of the key players operating in this market are Roche, Merck, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, and Pfizer.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5288/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global urothelial cancer drugs market based on treatment class and country:
Urothelial Cancer Drugs Treatment Class Outlook (USD Million, 2017 – 2023)
Urothelial Cancer Drugs Country Outlook (USD Million, 2017 – 2023)
Browse Related Report:
Cervical Cancer Treatment Market – https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cervical-cancer-treatment-market
Kidney Cancer Drugs Market – https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/kidney-cancer-drugs-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States